Two decades after The Petersen Automotive Museum opened its doors to the public, the museum celebrates its 21st year anniversary with a complete redesign, adding 25 new mesmerizing galleries totaling over 100,000 square feet. The renovated museum is opening on Monday, Dec. 7, 2015.
The museum’s new exhibits feature Disney/Pixar CARS characters, Xbox/Forza simulators, BMW art cars, the new $400,000 Ford GT, an amazing motorsports gallery, virtual tours on your iPhone or iPad, and much more.
The Petersen is celebrating its reopening with a special Preview Day on Sunday, Dec. 6. Taking place 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the Preview Day features access to all four floors of the museum, guided tours, hourly giveaways, food by Drago, an open bar at the Rooftop Penthouse, and music by KCRW DJ Jason Bentley. For more info and tickets, click here.
Discounts on one-year memberships at The Petersen are available on Groupon now through Monday, Oct. 19, 2015.
Choose from five options:
- $30 for a one-year student membership for one person ($48 value)
- $50 for a one-year single membership for one person ($84 value)
- $65 for a one-year dual membership for two people ($108 value)
- $89 for a one-year family membership for two adults and two children ($156 value)
- $129 for a one-year club membership for one person ($228 value)
For more info and to purchase a discounted one-year membership on Groupon, click here.
Take a virtual tour of the spectacular new Petersen Automotive Museum, opening to the public on Monday, Dec. 7, 2015: